This is a wonderful tonic and is loaded with an abundance of healthy benefits for mum and baby:
- Morning Sickness – ginger can be highly effective against nausea when used in small doses and may reduce muscle aches and pains
- Maintaining healthy blood sugar levels
- Boosts immune system
- Fights infection
- Has a wonderful effect on your skin which is known to go through numerous changes throughout pregnancy
- Carrot juice is rich in beta carotene, calcium, iron, magnesium, b vitamins and potassium
Carrot and Ginger Tonic
The perfect smoothie and a wonderful tonic which is loaded with an abundance of healthy benefits for mum and baby.
- Blender or strong smoothie maker
- 400 ml Water
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 Large oranges peeled and pips removed
- 1 Apple
- small piece of ginger peeled
- Add the liquid to the blender first followed by the carrot and blend on high until a smooth consistency forms.
- Add the oranges, apples and ginger to the mix and blend on high until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately
Share the Love