Chicken and Orange Stir-Fry
A super quick stir-fry for the middle of the week or a Friday night.
For the Sauce
- 1 orange, juice only
- 100 g Marmalade (low sugar)
- 60 ml Gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp Siracha (or as needed)
- 1 tbsp Buckwheat flour
For the Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 450 g Chicken breast, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Garlic, crushed
- 3 Springs green onion, chopped
- 150 g Sugar Snap or mangetout peas
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 450 g Cooked brown rice
- 25 g Carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add some water if necessary to thin it down slightly.
- Cook the rice as per the pack instructions
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over high heat. Add in the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 mins until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic and green onion cooking for 1 min. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Now add the mangetout peas and bell pepper and cook for another 3-4 mins. Add in cooked rice and mix well with the vegetables.
- Next add in the cooked chicken, grated carrot and earlier made sauce. Stir well until heated. Garnish with sesame seeds and more green onion to serve.