Date and Walnut Granola Bars
- 1 Cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Runny Natural Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Cup Date Puree Use 1 cup of dates and two tablespoons of almond milk and blitz in the blender, don’t worry about getting the mixture smooth, the lumps will add to the flavour
- 6 tbs Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 160°C or gas mark 3Grease and line a 20cm square or rectangular baking trayMix the nuts, oats, sunflower seeds in a large bowlBlitz up one cup of pitted dates with two tablespoons of almond milk. If you’re not concerned with dairy free; normal milk is just as good ( I know the pack will say they’re pitted but its worth squeezing them between your fingers to check for any stones that made it through the pitting process before you blitz them. (speaking from an unfortunate experience, trust me there is nothing worse than an entire batch of bars ruined because one stone got through, plus there’s the risk of choking and believe me your teeth will thank you for it.Over a low heat add the coconut oil and honey together until the oil has completely melted and add the spices and date puree.Remove from the heat and mix into the oat mixture until all the mixture is combinedPlace the mixture into your tray and flatten down with the back of a metal spoon and place in the middle of the oven for 40 minutesCheck after 30 minutes to ensure they don’t brown too much on top.Allow to cool before slicing into bars and place on a wire rack to cool more. They’ll also harden up as they cool.
These can then be stored in an airtight container for up to a week, but I promise they won’t last a week once you try them.