1 .Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and line a 12 x 12 inch tray-bake tin
2. Soak the dates in boiling water for 5 minutes
3. Combine the oats, seeds, nuts and cinnamon in a large bowl
4. Drain the dates and add with the banana and honey to a blender and blitz up completely until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the date and banana mixture to the oat mix and stir completely until everything is combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into your prepared tray bake tin and smooth down with the back of a metal spoon and place in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
7. In the meantime Break chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl. Sit over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. Once melted, leave to one side until needed.
8. Once the Banana and Date bars have cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely, spoon over the melted chocolate and with a spatula or knife smooth the chocolate over the top and sprinkle with the coconut. Place in the fridge to let the chocolate set before slicing. These will keep in an air tight container for a week, although I guarantee they won't last this long. Enjoy x