Mixed berries have an abundance of fiber to help the digestive system and Greek Yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt as it’s made by straining the whey out which leaves this amazing delicious creamy consistency, I love Greek yogurt on everything plus its loaded with calcium.
Blueberries are one of my fave berries to add to smoothies they’re a fantastic source of Vitamin A and C plus B complex and they offer up a nice little dose of potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and choline which are all essential for cellular growth and metabolism.
I love adding unsweetened almond milk to my smoothies as its high in protein and fibre and contains calcium, iron potassium and zinc, all these ingredients combined makes this the perfect smoothie to help a sluggish digestive system without the need to reach for the prune juice.
High Fibre Berry Blast
- Smoothie maker or blender
- 1 Cup Mixed berries – blueberries, strawberries, blackberries ( frozen is perfect)
- 400 ml Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 Cup Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- Add your liquid to your blender followed by the remaining ingredients and blend on high until you reach the desired consistency. Serve immediately.