‘This is the Perfect Tonic if you’re suffering any of the following symptoms of pregnancy:
- High Blood Pressure
- Trouble Sleeping
The potassium in avocados is great for regulating high blood pressure and coconut water is incredible at kick starting your digestive tract if you’re struggling with constipation. Just don’t drink too much.
If you haven’t tried coconut water I’d definitely recommend as it’s packed full of electrolytes and can ease the acidity in the body as well as helping reduce dehydration. which in this heat is a must.
Cucumbers are basically 95% water which can help with hydration and cooling. Plus by keeping the skin on which is high in insoluble fibre will give you a boost if you’re feeling a bit sluggish in the digestive system helping food pass through the digestive tract quicker.
Celery has been said to aid restful sleep and in addition to being rich in fibre it also contains an abundance of vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and potassium.
The lime in this smoothie is so refreshing and adding a handful of ice is bound to keep you cool in this heat.
Mean Green Super Charge Smoothie
- Smoothie Maker, Blender
- 300 ml Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cucumber unpeeled – washed thoroughly and chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks washed
- 1 Juice of lime
- 1 Large handful of washed spinach or kale
- 1 Green Apple washed and quartered
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- Add the liquid to your smoothie maker followed by the spinach / kale, celery, apple and cucumber and blend on high.
- Add your lime juice and avocado and blitz up until a smooth consistency forms.
Vitamin B6 Morning Sickness Smoothie
- Smoothie maker or blender
- 1 Sliced Banana
- 1/2 A Ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Wheatgerm
- 1 Cup Plant Based Milk
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Peanut Butter
- Add your milk and spinach to the blender or smoothie maker and blend on high until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until you have the right consistency.
- Serve immediately
Related Posts you may find beneficial
This Green Glowing Smoothie also has an abundance of Vitamin C which helps build up your resistance to infection, is important in the formation and support of healthy tissue and cells and is important in healing wounds and fractures of bones. It also helps in the absorption of iron.
There’s something super indulgent about pancakes for breakfast and when they’re this good and healthy you’ll want to eat them everyday. Stack em, fold em, drizzle them in maple syrup! I could go on and on…
With Valentines Day make “home date night” one to remember with a selection of these decadent chocolate treats to show the one you love just how much you care. ❤