1. Set oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4 and either use muffin cases or grease your 12 x Muffin Tray
2. Place the carrot, apple, cinnamon and ginger into a heavy based saucepan with a little water and simmer away for 10 minutes.
3. Beat the egg and yoghurt together along with the vanilla essence if using and stir in the cooked carrot and apple mixture.
4. Fold in the flour to the mixture and completely combine
5. Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases and place in the oven for 20 minutes
6. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before serving.